Saturday, August 25, 2007

Another day.....

~~~Well, I got a pretty good sleep in...from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. I tried to stay in bed as long as possible, but, I hate tossing and turning...my mind doing the same. Hubby called just as I got up. Then, all hell broke loose again. MIL's sister called and said they had put her in the hospital last night. She's just going downhill...the care center is not doing there job. MIL still has terrible diahrea, and just listless. They put her on an IV and she also needed potassium. I don't know what all.
She was sort of bitchy with me---we are ALL just ready to pull our hair out with this mess! I had asked if she called Adult Protective Services first--to document her situation--and she passed the buck, too and said 'I never called and gave her the number'. NOW, the big issue is going to be where is MIL going to go when she is released from the hospital? She owes the care center over $9000 by now, and the new care center we wanted to move her to won't take her unless she is on with the state.
Her sister told me this morning, that she can't take her in and care for her in the condition she is now in....so, that leaves us? Or, I should say me? The hated daughter-in-law. (Altho, I'm one of three.) I tried calling an ALTC contact here for some advice, but, of course, I didn't get through on her home number.
~~~The saddest part of all of this, is that MIL really doesn't want to be 'here' (alive), anyway. What a torment for her. Her quality of life is gone, not that she enjoyed life at any time that I knew her.
~~~I'm having such a hard time with my attitude over all of this. I just pray that God knows my heart.
So, here it is, 10 a.m. and the valerian root has already been taken.....

Hubby will be home around 6 this evening. He was planning on getting the trailer ready for the maiden voyage, but, I don't think there will be any camping next weekend. At this point, that's fine with me. I don't think I could relax, anyway! It would probably be less work for hubby to just stay home, too.

I guess I'll go outside and putter in the yard for a bit. Yesterday, when I went to go to the bank, post office and to deliver some Avon, my van wouldn't start! I had left the keys in it----and to tell you the truth, at this point, I'm wondering if I let it running til it ran out a gas!!! ACK, it was a full tank! Surely, I'm not that far out of it???? Who knows. Hubby accidentally took his truck keys with him last Sunday, so, I'm without a vehicle. I hate it when I CAN'T go anywhere! It's not so bad, when I WANT to stay home, but, you know how it is, if you can't! LOL

Count your blessings.....

No comments: