Saturday, September 29, 2007

...a windy day & a recipe

I have been waking up between 6 & 7 every morning lately, no matter what time I go to bed...weird. Last night I hit the sack at midnight--I was falling asleep on the loveseat, maybe from the tea? When I woke up this morning, I realized I hadn't moved ALL.NIGHT.LONG! HUH? That is so strange to me. I know I've done that before, but, it makes me wonder why? Was I that tired that I just zonked out?? I laid in bed for awhile, listening to the wind gearing up. It's already gusting to 45 MPH...UGH I just HATE the wind! I wish hubby was home, so, we could go for a ride & a picnic in the mountains where the leaves are changing......We haven't had any time the last year and a half for any 'outdoor' stuff. I hate that! Sometimes, I just feel like I needtogooutintothemountains!!!!
The last 2 trips up the mountain, from the trailer, I have taken pause at my 'pit stops'. The first time, I just stood there at the car and listened to the wind up in the treetops...how relaxing! Tuesday, I could SMELL the pine trees and how the forest just smells. It made me sad....

~~~So, I got up and like usual, I hit the on button for the computer, as I walked by to make coffee. So, I've been surfing all morning and over at Mary Janes Farm (Go check that site out! What fun!!!)I read a most interesting forum topic about aging and menopause. It really is true, aging is awesome! Well, I guess that's easy for me to say at this point in my life. I'm 52 now, and it just seems like things are 'good' right now. I'm sure as my body does get OLD, that may change. But, I think right when I turned 50, something just 'clicked'. Getting to that point, with all the crap with #1 son, and #2 son leaving for the Air Force was pretty rough (glad my family stuck around! LOL). I really feel like I'm at a 'good' place in time...Thank You Lord!
Anyway, you know how it is, when you are on the net..it's like chasing rabbits...you go ALL OVER the place. Well, I ended up 'stumbling' onto this site and found this recipe. It looks like a good one! I may try to make it and take it for hubby's birthday next Friday.

Mountain Dew Cake
-------------
1 box Duncan Hines Orange Supreme Cake
1 box Coconut Cream pudding mix
4 eggs
1 bottle 10 ozs Mountain Dew(cold)
1 cup crisco oil
1 can angel flake coconut
3 Tbs. corn starch
1 large can crushed pineapple
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 stick oleo (margarine)
Mix together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil,mt. dew.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
Cook together the pineapple, sugar, oleo(margarine), coconut and cornstarch over medium heat until thick.Spread over and between layers of cake.

http://gardengoose.blogspot.com

I just downloaded my pictures from the last stay at the trailer. Saturday, when I had went into Safford, I stopped at this awesome antique shop looking for old buttons and old aprons. I found some buttons, but, the aprons were just the little half aprons. I saw this fantastic buffet! I had to take some pictures of it...I would LOVE to have it, altho, we don't really have this place all antiquey *we do have three neat pieces, tho*. When I was driving home, my sweet hubby asked if I'd gotten everything I 'wanted'. After supper, I showed him the pictures of this piece and said I 'wanted' that! LOL It was marked down $400~~ I wonder if they would take a less offer on it? I might just take it and start a 'new' decorating scheme.

Well, I guess I better get my 2 hours in the green room (craft room) done and see if I can muck out some more stuff. I really can't say I see alot of difference after about 6 hours already. I used to love it in there, it felt peaceful. Hopefully, it will be that way once again.

I've got some butter set out to soften, gotta make some cookies or something....this kind of weather is just perfect for some baking. This afternoon, I'll bake and try to finish up Chris's prayer shawl, so, I can get it ready for the mail on Monday. She's had a rough time of it. Her first chemo went bad. The needle came out of the port and all the 'stuff' went into her chest.... I need to call her.

...count your blessings

2 comments:

Storm said...

Oooo look another recipe I need to try. Sounds so yummy!
Good luck with your craft room. :)
I finally got my blog moved and running again. http://thegraphicsbarn.com/tsr if you ever want to take a peek.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry,
just dropping by to wish you a great start of the new week.
Hope you're doing OK ??
Have a great day !!