Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday, Monday

Whew! What a day. I felt pretty scatterbrained all day. I bounced around all morning and then, again this afternoon. Just never really accomplishing anything. I hate that! I took some Valerian Root this morning, hoping it would help to 'settle' me, but, it didn't quite do the job.

I called a dear friend here in town *I know LOTS of people, but, don't have many friends.......ykwim?* and we set up a lunch date. It was a nice visit and the food was really good. I had a Taco Salad and I was a piggy and ate the WHOLE thing! I knew it would be my lunch and supper, tho, so, I wasn't too worried about it. We haven't had a chance to really keep caught up with each other all summer, so, it was good to hear about all the 'stuff'.

I stopped at the Drug Store, looking for some yarn---knowing I wouldn't find what I needed. I ended up buying a pack of some really cute scrapbookking/card paper--HA! Like I need MORE projects. I did get one card almost completed, tho. *wink* Yesterday, I started making some Christmas ornaments! hehehehe I have wanted to do them for the past several years, but, always ended up putting it off, until it was too late. I am doing the juice can lid ornaments. I made some years ago and sold them at my store, they turn out really cute. I like to exchange ornaments and put them in most of the cards I send out at Christmas. The past few years, I've crocheted snowflakes, but, it's time for something different.

I got a prayer shawl started for Chris this afternoon. I decided to start it with some of the Simply Soft I had here, instead of waiting til I could get to Walmart to get a different color. I want to get it done and sent to her as soon as possible. I had almost 2 skeins of a cream color, so, that will be a good start. I may get to Walmart Friday or Saturday. I've enjoyed working on it *for about 1 1/2 hours off and on* and I find myself remembering all kinds of little forgotten memories, in between the prayers. It made me want to call Chris each time, and say, hey! Remember....but, I thought it might make her sad or something. I'll call her later in the week. I took Dozer out front and sat with my glass of wine and worked on it a bit. I got so sad thinking of all the things that will be no more. She will probably see no more summers, will she be here for her birthday in March? Oh, my..... I had to remind myself to get a grip and that I need to start appreciating all of those kinds of things....like they were my last. I take so much for granted...

Well, I'm tired and want to sit and crochet on the shawl for a few minutes before I go to bed. I hope tomorrow 'feels' better, but, with it being 9-11, I'm sure it will be a day full of newsclips and all the emotions that go along with that day in history.....

...count your blessings.

No comments: