Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hello Thursday.....

Well, I've been up since about 1:30 a.m. I hope I get through the day OK. I have to go to 'work' at the scrapbooking store from 2-5...probably about the time I need a NAP! LOL


I started this baby afghan the other night. I hate the first foundation row of a new afghan project...bleck! Anyway, I bought several skeins of this green baby yarn at BIG LOTS last week. Don't ask me why! I have more than enough stash to start 'lots' of projects.....hmmmmmm, maybe I have a teensy problem??? LOL

I watched Oprah yesterday...about that lady hoarder and the TONS of stuff she had in her 3000-sq-foot home, and her garage. It filled a 10,000 square foot warehouse, where they held a $13,000 rummage sale. I guess I don't have THAT big of a problem...and truth be told, I suppose we all have 'issues' with some kind of hoarding/saving. I think people that don't move often have more of an issue with these type things. We've lived in this house for 18 years...so..... On top of that, I will admit this. For the first mmmmmmm, maybe 10 years of our marriage, things were rough, financially. Partly, because of hubby working in the construction field, when he FINALLY decided what he was going to do with his life/career. (Work is what we call "chicken, one day and, feathers, the next".) After several years of marriage, we ended up with a 32-foot 5th wheel. I bought/hoarded food in every nook and cranny in that thing! I had gotten heavy into coupon use and refunding. It boggled my mind, when we moved out of it---into a 40-foot travel trailer---of all the stuff that came out of that trailer! The trailer wasn't overflowing with 'stuff'...but, those things are built with so many little places to put stuff and I put stuff in every ONE of them! hehehehe Somewhere in my subconscious, I guess I still have that fear of 'not having'. It's not so bad these days and I find myself shopping VERY diffently.
K, no more secrets.....for today, anyway.

count your blessings.....(and go clean a cupboard! LOL)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure, it would be a very nice afghan. You are right, sometimes the first foundation row of a project isn't easy to make, but then work is more and more pleasant :o) Do you have any stash problem?? Too much yarn in your stash? Mine is pretty small because am not a large stash person ;o) And it is sometime really hard when I want to cast on for stuff that I just don’t have the yarn for...