Sunday, January 6, 2008

mmmmmmmmm


Supper time!
Green Chile Quiche and Lemon Meringue Pie.
One of Jeffrey's favorite pies. I make it from the Jell-O box. And, here's my quiche recipe for ya:

Green Chile Quiche
3 Eggs
1 1/2 C. shredded cheese
1 1/2 C. milk
1 small can of chopped green chiles (or you could use aspargus or broccoli)
3 slices bacon--cooked and crumbled (optional)
salt/pepper
mace sprinkled on top (optional)

Pour into a pie shell *I cheat and use Jiffy--50¢ a box at Walmart and they turn out PERFECT everytime!*
Bake at 375° for 1/2 an hour or til it's not runny looking. Don't let your piecrust burn....keep turning it while it's in the oven.
Let it set on the counter for 1/2 an hour to 'set'.
I serve it with fresh veggies. Yummy and I think I could eat the whole thing myself! LOL

STILL no snow. I guess I'll quit worrying about it. *sigh*
Gonna start making weekly menus, since, hubby is home--hopefully, for awhile! I have canned goods and things in my freezer that REALLY need to be used up, so, hopefully, I can use them up before they get too old. I have started writing the date on stuff with a marker, before I put it in my cupboard, in the laundry room. That way, I can see what needs to be used first.
Oh, yeah....I am kinda/sorta off strike---but, don't say anything! LOL

One of my yahoo groups, Bellaholics Anonymous, has been sharing pictures of their craft rooms. So, I spent 1/2 an hour in mine this afternoon....it's all I could stand! LOL The goal is 1/2 hour a day....if it works out and is longer, that's a good thing! I think I might start putting things up for sale. I've seen some people do it on their blogs and I might try that. Might be fun.

Guess I'll see if there's anything on tv. Altho, for about the past week, I've been reading the archives of The Pioneer Woman, every night! I just love reading her blog!
Stay warm and toasty!

2 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Will you come to my house and make these for me? I hate to cook. Plus, yours looks just so good - I wouldn't want to steal your thunder!

Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hey, SherryBee!
I just came over from Pioneer Woman and saw you live in AZ! We lived in Mesa for 7 years and moved back home to Atlanta about 15 years ago. From all the snow, I'd say you live near the Rim or near Oak Creek Canyon! We used to go to the Mogollan? Rim every year on Christmas Day for snow and drive back down to the valley that night! We are planning a trip back this spring as my kids do not remember living there and we really want them to see how fantastic Arizona is! I hope you stay warm in all that snow-it was in the 60's here in Atlanta today!