Monday, December 8, 2008

another busy day...

but, I'm contented!
I woke up to the sound of a good rain, so, I barreled out of bed at 6:45 and ran out on the front porch to make sure my box I store the fence Christmas lights in wouldn't get wet. I came back in and went back to bed! LOL Like my little Jeffrey used to say "I'm not done sleeping yet" hehehe I think I dozed for a little while as I tried to listen to the news on the tv in the bedroom. I'm not even sure when I got up...maybe 7:30. I spent the morning puttering mostly. Believe it or not, I really do get stuff done when I'm puttering. Does anyone else do what I call puttering? LOL
I met my friend for lunch at Arby's at 12:30. She's my friend I met one day when I was working at the scrapbook store. She comes over once a week to stock the Hallmark card display. We like to trade different 'gifties' each week and chat about scrapping and cardmaking while we visit over lunch. It's always such a nice time. She's a sweetie for sure! And, I'm so glad I met her! I always remember something I read one time in bible study how we never wake up one morning and say 'I'm going to find a friend today'....God sends us those friends! Thank you, God, for my friend, Ruthie.
When I got home, I got a cleaning bug! I cleaned the ceiling fan in the living room---amazing how much dust those blades collect! And, the glass bulb covers always look so nice after they are cleaned. Then, I started shampooing the carpet in the living room *I needed a clean ceiling fan to help dry it* I also had built a fire when I got home, since, it was getting cool in the house...I knew it would help dry the carpet, too. I'm amazed at how much I actually got done! And, the carpet was pretty much dry within 3 hours, when hubby got home. I also got a load of clothes folded and made a tuna salad on a bed of different lettuces, with boiled egg, tomatoes and baby carrots on the side. A nice dinner, in my book.
After supper, I got to sit and watch one of my FAVORITEST shows of the season....Charlie Brown's Christmas! I LOVE that show!

When I got out of the shower, hubby was talking on the phone to Jeffrey. I got to talk, too. Jenneva says shes excited to come and meet us! I can't wait, either! I told Jeffrey I was gonna drag out a bunch of his baby pictures! hehehe The plan now is for me to go pick them up in Phoenix, Monday, the 22nd. I think they get in about 1:30 p.m. Then, we'll have to leave Christmas afternoon to get them to a friends in Phoenix to spend the night, since, their flight will be leaving about 10 a.m. It's too iffy driving 4 hours from home to the airport, you never know how the roads will be or what to expect, since we have to drive through Salt River Canyon. I sure hate that they will only be here for such a short time.
I just looked outside and it's snowing...and sticking! Yippee! The weatherman says we could get 3-6 inches, but, you know about those weathermen! hehehe I swear! Every year that I put up the Christmas lights on the fence, we get some form of snow the very next day! It boggles my brain. When I am a granny, I'm gonna tell grandbabies that those lights are magical! LOL
I finished up the little green baby afghan tonight...I started that this summer! About 10 days ago, I had finished up the big blue afghan I started this summer, too!
I'll get pictures of them posted tomorrow, hopefully.
Well, I guess that's all for tonight! I'll finish up my night-time tea and hit the bed. Sleep tight wherever you are and ...
count your blessings...

No comments: