Saturday, December 13, 2008

a few things...






I forgot to post the picture of my shopping trip at the scrapbook store Tuesday, on the 30% off sale. I have wanted a Scor-Pal for quite some time, so, that was the day to get it! I also got the big magnetic workpad and ruler and 2 packs of embossed cards and envelopes---those were 40% off. I spent all of my earnings from Saturday and THEN some! hehehe



This is the Christmas cactus I splurged on for myself that day, too. I had one that was hanging in there and had bloomed a couple of times, but, I killed it by overwatering it *or letting it sit in water, I should say* when I was going back and forth to Morenci last summer. This new one was loaded with lots of tiny buds, and it started blooming Thursday. AWESOME! It needs to be cleaned, as you can see in the photo, but, I don't dare touch it til all the blooms are done. I don't want to knock them off. I hope this one will last for a LONG time!
The wind has been wicked all day! Nothing worse than WIND!!! It's been gusting to 55+mph all day long. UGH Hopefully, it will die down before bedtime. It's so nerve-wracking! We're supposed to have a storm (several of them according to the weatherman) coming in with snow. We'll see.
Well, I have one small patch left to shampoo, so, I think I'll do that now and then, I'm DONE with that mess! I've got laundry going, too, so, I guess I'll have earned some crocheting time! *smile*
count your blessings...




SherryBee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cactus looks so beautiful. I used to have them a lot too. I have to buy another one yet. I have kept one a loooong time, but it died in the end, so I am in need of another one. Maybe next week.....
Have a great day !!

marthamayi said...

The cactus is pretty. I kill everything. You will love that basic grey mat. I have one and it is one of my favorite tools.