Monday, November 19, 2007

Is it Monday again?

I just can't believe how fast time goes by anymore. It just boggles my brain!

Hubby got off early Saturday, so, we put FRED in the shop! -again- Nothing serious, but a good thing hubby noticed he was leaking brake fluid. The shop owner was nice enough to work on it right away, knowing how badly hubby was going to be needing him for work. *so unlike the other shop we've had do some work on Fred* So, Sunday, we picked him up after $485. Later, we went to Home Depot and Walmart for a few things, and then, had supper at PIZZA HUT--we love their house pizza! I tell ya I get spoiled when I'm with hubby. I feel guilty tho, cause I feel like I should be making good home cooked meals for him when I am here. Altho, that's easier said than done, in a lil trailer! LOL

Today, is the start of their 12-day no-late-no-miss holiday overtime. I laughed at hubby. He is usually SO laid back and never worries about ANYTHING *man, does that piss me off sometimes.....I guess he knows I'll do the worrying, so, why should he!*
But, he had TWO alarm clocks set...he's never late and rarely ever misses a day of work, but, I think he was worried about Murphy's Law.
I toyed with the idea of going home this morning, but, decided to stay and do his laundry and make taco salad for supper. He was supposed to be home at 5, but, called and said they asked him to work 12 hours....and of course, he never says no. They are talking layoffs, and all kinds of crap. So, he will work all he can and hope he gets to go to Globe instead of Bagdad (Arizona), if they move him. He's too good of a worker/welder for them to get rid of him. Globe would be 2 1/2 hours from home, versus 6 hours if he has to go to Bagdad. Bagdad is like NOWHERE! Nothing there. And, HOT!
The other reason I was mixed about going home, is because hubby's foreman had invited us to his mothers for Thanksgiving supper after work Thursday. Don't know what will happen now. I didn't know if the dog would have enough water til Friday, but, I think he will. I guess I'll stay and if nothing else, I'll put a turkey breast in my crock pot for us. Looks like I'll get alot of shopping and crocheting done this week! LOL
I'm also toying with the idea of going to the salon in Walmart and have them do something with my hair. Hubby doesn't want me to cut it, but, I wear it up in a clippy all the time, and am sick of that. I'm really amazed that my long hair bugs me nowdays. When I was young, actually, until about 30, I wore it long and straight. But, as I got older, I just felt like I 'outgrew' it. I'd love to get it done like Marie Osmonds.
I'm so surprised right now, that the laptop has a connection! It won't download email, but, it let's me update this and go to a few other websites....weird!
Gonna get off here and take some Advil, my back is really bothering me...partly because I haven't been sleeping good again, I think.

...count your blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi SherryB. Sorry I don't get by that often. Seems the internet lately has not been to cooperative or it's my computer. I'm so thankful for you and your friendship. May we always be friends as the years go by. Happy Holidays to you and your. Love and ~hugs~